Note: If you don't see the Rooms button, you might have opened an appointment instead of a meeting request.
- In the Start time and End time lists, click the start time and end time for the meeting. If it is an all-day event, select the All-day event check box.
An all-day event is a 24-hour event that lasts from midnight to midnight.
Note: By default, the current time-zone setting on your computer system is used to schedule meetings. If you want to schedule meetings based on an alternative time zone, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Time Zones.
- Type any information that you want to share with the recipients or attach any files,
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Scheduling Assistant.
The Scheduling Assistant helps find the best time for your meeting.
- Click Add Attendees.
- In the Select Attendees and Resources dialog box, in the Search box, type the name of a person or resource that you want to invite to the meeting, and then click Go.
- Select the name from the results list. Click Required, Optional, or Resources; and then click OK.
Required and Optional attendees appear in the To box on the Meeting tab, and Resources appear in the Location box.
The Scheduling Assistant displays a free/busy grid that shows the availability of attendees. A green vertical line represents the start of the meeting. A red vertical line represents the end of the meeting.