To set up a shared calendar or contacts list that people in an organization can access and edit, the administrator needs to first create a security group that includes the people that wants to access the shared calendar or contacts list. He also needs to create a shared mailbox and use the security group as the membership list. Because creating a mailbox to be used for shared calendar or contacts list involves creating a shared mailbox, the people that can access the shared calendar or contacts list will also be able to access and respond to email sent to the shared mailbox.
After you have permissions to a shared mailbox, the shared calendar associated with the shared mailbox is automatically added to your My Calendars list.
If you are an Outlook client user then here is how you can start using the shared Calendar and Contacts folders:
- In Outlook, select Calendar.
- In the folder pane, under My Calendars, select the shared calendar.
If you have permissions to a shared mailbox, the contacts folder from the shared mailbox is automatically added to your My Contact list.
- In Outlook, select People.
- Under My Contacts, select the contacts folder for the shared contacts list.
If you are an Outlook Web App user, here is how you can start using the shared Calendar:
- Sign in to your Office 365 account using a Web browser. Click Calendar.
- Right-click OTHER CALENDARS, and then click Open calendar.
- In From Directory, search for the shared calendar you want to open. Select the shared mailbox you want to open and click Open.
- The shared calendar displays in your Calendar folder list.
If you are an Outlook Web App user, you cannot access shared contacts list for a shared mailbox from Outlook Web App.